Here are some guidelines to help you get started with your fundraising project.
- Do provide a proposal with details of your fundraiser and how you intend to raise the funds.
- Do indicate the target amount to be raised.
- Do indicate all beneficiaries’ names (if Lions Home is not the sole beneficiary) with the respective funds allocation to each beneficiary by percentage.
- Do note that usage of the Lions Home logo/name in any form on any marketing/publicity materials must be pre-approved by Lions Home 30 days before the publicity date.
- Do ensure that the total expenses incurred do not exceed 30% of the total gross receipts collected.
- Do submit the proceeds and statement of accounts to Lions Home within 60 days after the fundraiser.
Lions Home For The Elders appreciates the efforts of all fundraisers. As an approved Institution of a Public Character, Lions Home must abide by the Charities Act, and the adherence of the above guidelines is essential. Lions Home reserves the right not to endorse and/or withdraw endorsement of the fundraiser in the event of non-compliance of the stipulated guidelines.
Additional Guidelines for Public Fundraising
- Following the implementation of the Public Fundraising Disclosure Regime on 9 October 2023, Lions Home will disclose event details on the Charity Portal and Lions Home Fundraising Microsite. Do ensure that other necessary licenses and permits are approved and submitted to Lions Home at least two weeks before the commencement of the appeal.